18 Jul Spaces
This week we’re talking about being valued vs. tolerated. There have been too many times that we have allowed ourselves to be tolerated vs. valued in our professional & personal life. It’s time to change that. Let’s talk about what you can do to identify it and fix it. It won’t be easy. But, we’re in this together.
Episode 71 “The Art of STFU”: https://www.buzzsprout.com/851650/8804416-the-art-of-stfu.mp3?download=true
Nikole Hannah-Jones article on her declining UNC offer for Howard University: https://www.dailytarheel.com/article/2021/07/unc-nikole-hannah-jones-cbs-this-morning-interview
Tips to help you recognize whether you are “tolerated” or “valued”:
- If you feel that there is something not right, ask for clarity about the situation.
- Try not to make assumptions
- Control your emotions and be prepared for the answer you receive
- Take a moment to process what you uncover
- Be clear about what you want from the situation or person
- Be impeccable with your words toward yourself and other people
- Decide your course of action based on your personal boundaries
Don Miguel Ruiz “The Four Agreements”: https://www.miguelruiz.com/the-four-agreements
Contact information for Pamela & The Well Done Life Podcast:
Please reach out and share your feedback on this week’s episode or topics that you would like covered 🙂
Email: [email protected]